RECIPE - Wild garlic pasta
- Credit: Archant
Game for Anything have provided this mouthwatering wild garlic pasta recipe - it’s a great way to put some of those luscious, dark green leaves to good use!
Wild Garlic Pasta recipe (by Game for Anything) - Serves 4 people
* 50 grams of washed Wild Garlic
* 300 grams of 00 flour, plus some extra for rolling
* 3 eggs
* Pinch of table salt
- 1 11 of the best: .22 rimfire rifles reviewed in 2021
- 2 Sako S20 Precision rifle - test & review
- 3 Hand-built by robots: the NEW Beretta BRX1 rifle
- 4 Gun test: Tikka T3X Super Varmint Cerakote
- 5 Gun test: Daniel Defense Delta 5 Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor
- 6 Gun test: the brand new CZ 600 centrefire range
- 7 Gun test: Anschutz 1710 HB G Kelbly .22 LR precision
- 8 Shooting long-range rimfire: part 2 (you don't need expensive kit!)
- 9 Gun test: Bergara BXR Carbon .22 LR semi auto rifle
- 10 Gun test: Ruger 10/22 Target Lite in .22 semi-auto
* 75grams of salted butter
* 40 grams of grated hard sheep’s cheese
* Place the washed Wild Garlic leaves in a food processor and pulse until it is all finely chopped
* Whisk the eggs in a bowl (Tip – Buy the best quality eggs you can as this will effect the colour of your final dish)
* In a separate bowl, place the flour (or as I do, make a pile on the worktop), make a well in the center and pour in the beaten eggs, add a pinch of salt.
* Work the pasta dough until all the egg is absorbed then add the chopped wild garlic and mix further until the garlic is evenly distributed and it forms a ball.
* Wrap this in cling film and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes
* Flour your work surface and rolling pin, take the now chilled pasta dough and roll out until it is about 2 to 3mm thick. Then use either a pasta roller or a knife to cut it into long strips
* Place these on a baking tray and put into the freezer until hard. They can be stored frozen for up to 3 months.
* To serve, bring a pan of salted water to the boil (experts say it should be as salty as the sea).
* Drop your still frozen tagliatelle into the water and cook for 5 to 6 minutes
* While the pasta is cooking, place the salted butter into a saucepan and gently heat until it turns a light nut brown colour.
* When the pasta is cooked, strain from the water and serve with the brown butter and grated hard sheeps cheese