Sporting businesses eligible for Scottish Government tourism fund
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Having been excluded from Covid-19 funding support, sporting businesses are now eligible for a new Scottish Government tourism fund, says BASC
Details of government support for sporting tourism businesses have been announced following a campaign led by the British Association for Shooting and Conservation (BASC).
The funding from the Scottish Government, to help businesses through the difficult Covid-19 situation, comes in the form of three grants worth £100M. BASC understand that sporting tourism businesses will now be eligible for the £20M creative, tourism and hospitality enterprises hardship fund, which can provide up to £25,000 to support struggling businesses.
Last week, the Cabinet Secretary for the Rural Economy and Tourism, Fergus Ewing MSP, said sporting tourism businesses had been ‘inadvertently excluded’, and assured BASC and the Scottish Country Sports Tourism Group (SCSTG) that funding would be made available.
BASC’s political and press officer in Scotland, Ross Ewing, said: “BASC welcome today’s announcement from the Scottish Government. We hope that the £20M fund will give sporting tourism businesses the much-needed support they need and deserve at this difficult time.
“While the initial exclusion of sporting tourism businesses was completely unacceptable, BASC commend the Scottish Government for reversing this injustice and for keeping us informed about the funds to which businesses should apply.
“We encourage sporting tourism businesses in need to apply to this fund without delay to ensure they can get through this difficult period. BASC will continue to monitor the situation to ensure funds reach sporting tourism businesses.”
The fund’s eligibility criteria and the link to the application form can be found here.
- 1 Sako S20 Precision rifle - test & review
- 2 Ruger American in .300 Blackout - test & review
- 3 Remington 700 PCR in 6.5 Creedmoor - detailed test & review
- 4 Comparison test & review - Howa v Sauer .223 rifles!
- 5 Swarovski NL Pure binoculars, 12x42 - test & review
- 6 Vihtavuori N555 reloading powder - test & review
- 7 Mauser M18 in .243 - in depth test & review
- 8 Pulsar Digex N455/N450 - review
- 9 Long-range varminting - the best rifles & calibres!
- 10 Lithgow Arms Woomera Centrefire in 6.5 Creedmoor - test & review