New amateur gundog working test challenge - £2k prize money!
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A new gundog working test will run at the Game Fair 2021; dogs do not need to be KC registered & must not have gained any award in a field trial open or novice
A new competition aimed at amateurs will run alongside the prestigious Euro Challenge and Home International.
The competition is split in to spaniels and retrievers, dogs do not need to be KC registered. Two spaniels and two retrievers from each qualifying round will be invited to compete for the grand title at The Game Fair. Both the overall winning spaniel and the overall winning retriever will be awarded £2000 prize money.
Held in association with Wrencourt Gundogs, Steve Smith will continue to lead the gundog activity at The Game Fair in 2021. “We have never seen prize money like this” he enthused, “We have consistently attracted the top dogs and handlers to The Game Fair with world class competition. The new Working Test Challenge is aimed at amateurs – it will be very exciting to see who comes out on top.”
QUALIFYING ROUNDS TO BE HELD AT:
Frome Hill - Hereford - 24th April, Spaniels. 25th April, Retrievers.
Hertfordshire County Show - 29th May, Spaniels. 30th May, Retrievers.
- 1 Watch: Beretta launches a brand new hunting rifle - the BRX1
- 2 Sako S20 Precision rifle - test & review
- 3 Mossberg Patriot Predator in .243 bolt-action - test & review
- 4 Gun test: Ruger Precision Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum
- 5 Comparison test & review - Howa v Sauer .223 rifles!
- 6 Mauser M18 in .243 - in depth test & review
- 7 Gun test: Bergara BXR Carbon .22 LR semi auto rifle
- 8 Blaser K95 Ultimate in .308 Win - test & review
- 9 Foxing with rimfires!
- 10 Comparison review: IRay Rico RH50, Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50 & IRay Tube TL35
Sherborne Show - 30th May
Exeter - Upton Pine - 5th June
Royal Cheshire Show - 21st & 22nd June
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Entry Fee of £15 to be paid on the day.
Entries close 10 days prior to the first date of the qualifier selected.
Dog must not have gained any award in a field trial open or novice.
Open to both KC registered and non registered dogs.
Dog must be fit for purpose in the class in which it is entered.
All dogs must be up to date with their vaccinations.
Dogs put forward will have their microchip recorded on day of qualifying & be scanned again at the final BEFORE RUNNING.
In ALL cases the judge’s decision will be final.
In the event of more than 20 enters per class a draw will take place and will be recorded then posted on The Game Fair & Wrencourt Gun Dogs Websites.