Deadline approaching for objections to banning .50 Cal and MARS rifles
- Credit: Archant
The deadline for registering objections to Home Office proposals to ban .50 calibre and MARS rifles is 9 December 2017 - make your voice heard!
The National Rifle Association (NRA) is advising all shooters that the deadline for registering objections to Home Office proposals to ban .50 calibre and MARS rifles is 9 December 2017; replies should be sent via email to Offensive.Weapons.Consultation@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
with copy to your local MP.
The NRA issued the following statement: “The current wording of the Consultation and Impact Assessment could be seen as an attempt to mislead the public; furthermore they have been presented without any credible supporting evidence of threat to public safety. This is a direct consequence of launching such proposals without prior engagement with shooting organisations.
“We believe these changes to the scope of firearms proposals means that the Consultation is fundamentally flawed and should be abandoned or re-issued as a separate document, with full details of what is proposed and an accurate re-working of the Impact Assessment.
“These proposals may appear to present distant threats to your own type of shooting; however they have been poorly presented, are not evidence based and, if left unchallenged, will leave a dangerous legacy for the shooting community. When drafting any firearms legislation a primary consideration must be to ensure that the scope of its application is clear and the rules are consistent, so that the honest citizen is not left at the mercy of inconsistent application of the law.”
To read NRA’s full response to the Home Office Consultation, click here
To read the full Consultation and Impact Assessment, click here
- 1 Sako S20 Precision rifle - test & review
- 2 Ruger American in .300 Blackout - test & review
- 3 Gun test: Ruger Precision Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum
- 4 Comparison test & review - Howa v Sauer .223 rifles!
- 5 Ruger 10/22 Target Lite - test & review
- 6 Gun test: Bergara BXR Carbon .22 LR semi auto rifle
- 7 Mossberg Patriot Predator in .243 bolt-action - test & review
- 8 Thermion XM50 thermal riflescope - test & review
- 9 Long-range varminting - the best rifles & calibres!
- 10 Drone Pro reborn - Black ENV 10x test and review