MTM 42” Tactical Rifle Case - review
- Credit: Archant
Chris Parkin reviews the MTM’s 42” Tactical Rifle Case, perfect for compact rimfire, centrefire or air rifles with space for accessories
Where there is a rifle, there is always the need for a case and MTM’s 42” Tactical Rifle Case is perfect for compact rimfire, centrefire or air rifles with additional space for accessories. MTM are long-standing injection moulding specialists with excellent quality control. Operating the four secure snap latches allows the case to open and close effortlessly without twisting or misalignment.
Inside, there are deep foam liners with multiple neatly cut slots for positioning the anchor straps exactly where you need them. Lift up the foam and these Velcro loops with steel eyelets fasten securely almost anywhere on the heavily webbed and stiffened structure before slotting through the foam liners for perfect positioning.
All screws are provided for the straps and I had mine set up in about 10 minutes for secure transit of an air rifle, spare air bottle, pellets and magazine. The case has external padlock tabs and carry points on the tough, heavily reinforced polymer that has withstood freezing weather where other units have easily cracked in the past. Maximum internal dimensions are 1,065x317x89mm (42x12.5x3.5”) with the outer shell adding to a max 1,095x350x130mm total (43x14x5”) size. A 52” version will soon be available.
Tel: 01977 681 639
- 1 Watch: Beretta launches a brand new hunting rifle - the BRX1
- 2 Sako S20 Precision rifle - test & review
- 3 Foxing with rimfires!
- 4 Mossberg Patriot Predator in .243 bolt-action - test & review
- 5 Comparison review: IRay Rico RH50, Pulsar Thermion 2 XP50 & IRay Tube TL35
- 6 Gun test: Ruger Precision Rifle in .338 Lapua Magnum
- 7 Gun test: Bergara BXR Carbon .22 LR semi auto rifle
- 8 Mauser M18 in .243 - in depth test & review
- 9 Comparison test & review - Howa v Sauer .223 rifles!
- 10 Long-range varminting - the best rifles & calibres!