Compact Roe Sack - stalking bag review
- Credit: Archant
Dom Holtam presents this review of the Compact Roe Sack from Ogden’s Shooting Supplies
With the roe buck season up and running, and the prospect of warm, sunny stalking ahead (he types, as hail lashes at the window…) what better time to have a look at the latest offering from Ogden’s Shooting Supplies.
Called the Compact Roe Sack, it is actually a bum bag at first glance. There is a wide, easily adjustable waist strap that fits any waist size, from a slender 28” to a more ‘comfortably built’ 50”, and fastens with a quick-release lockable buckle.
There are two small side pouches that are ideal for all the extra gubbins we stalkers carry – gralloching implements, wind smoke, calls, gloves and the like. The main compartment houses a full-sized roe sack with adjustable straps and full waterproof dropliner.
The whole set-up is made from British military-grade cordura with anti-slip rubber backings and waterproof zips. The whole thing oozes quality from every stitch and is extremely comfortable to wear around the waist. It doesn’t interfere with a shoulder-slung rifle and can be easily shifted round to the back when you are crawling.
The roe sack itself is generous in proportions and ideal for munties, too.
Ogdens always use experts in the field to help them to develop products that work just how you’d want, taking on feedback and evolving the design until it’s spot on. A British company, producing quality, British-made goods that are a pleasure to own and use – what’s not to like?
- 1 11 of the best: .22 rimfire rifles reviewed in 2021
- 2 Gun test: Bergara BXR Carbon .22 LR semi auto rifle
- 3 Sako S20 Precision rifle - test & review
- 4 Gun test: Anschutz 1710 HB G Kelbly .22 LR precision
- 5 Hand-built by robots: the NEW Beretta BRX1 rifle
- 6 Long-range varminting - the best rifles & calibres!
- 7 BERGARA B14 HMR IN 6.5 CREEDMOOR (LH) - test & review
- 8 Gun test: Tikka T3X Super Varmint Cerakote
- 9 Gun test: Ruger 10/22 Target Lite in .22 semi-auto
- 10 Mossberg Patriot Predator in .243 bolt-action - test & review
The Compact Roe Sack is priced at £120 and if you tell Phil you read about it in Rifle Shooter, he’ll cover the postage and packaging. Happy hunting!